top of page




The Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) regulates real estate brokers and sales agents, real estate inspectors, home warranty companies, easement and right-of-way agents, and timeshare interest providers. 

You can find more information and check the status of a license holder at

You can send a complaint against a license holder to TREC a complaint form is available on the TREC website. 

TREC administers two recovery funds which may be used to satisfy a civil court judgement against a broker, sales agent, real estate inspector, or easement or right-of-way agent, if certain requirements are met. 

Real estate inspectors are required to maintain errors and omissions insurance to coer losses arising from the performance of a real estate inspection in a negligent or incompetent manner. 

Please note: Inspectors may limit liability through provisions in the contract or inspection agreement between the inspector and their clients. Please be sure to read any contract or agreement carefully. If you do not understand any terms or provisions, consult an attorney. 

If you have questions or issues about the activities of a license holder, the compliant process, or the recovery funds, please visit the website or contact TREC at: 

Texas Real Estate Commission

P.O. Box 12188

Austin, TX


(512) 936-3000

For information on IABS, click here.

  • Midland Real Estate Girls
  • Midland Real Estate Girls
bottom of page